• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Officials probing what Hollywood was told about bin Laden raid

January 5, 2012 12:00:00 AM PST
An upcoming movie about the hunt for Osama bin Laden is raising concern in the nation's capital.

The Pentagon's inspector general is looking into whether White House officials gave filmmakers too much information about the raid that killed bin Laden in May.

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), who heads the House Homeland Security Committee, has questioned whether classified information was revealed. The White House has said that is not the case.

In August, King wrote the inspector general and CIA, noting a New York Times column saying that Sony and Bigelow had been given "top-level access to the most classified mission in history."

In his letter, King said that leaks of classified information related to the raid had already resulted in the arrests of Pakistanis believed by Pakistan authorities to have assisted the CIA.

The movie, directed by Oscar winner Kathryn Bigelow, is scheduled to be released at the end of the year.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.


Load Comments