From April 27 to 29, about 4,200 professionals and volunteers will offer services ranging from primary care visits to major surgeries on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The free services include the following:
- Primary care visits
- Women's health services such as pap smears and mammograms
- Medical specialist consultations
- Minor to major surgeries
- Dental procedures ranging from cleanings to root canals
- Pharmaceutical needs
- Eye exams and eyeglass fittings
- STD screenings
- Physical therapy
- Laboratory services
- Legal and financial services and counseling
- Free meal
The clinic runs from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 27 and 28. It runs from 7 a.m. until noon on April 29.
The event is organized by Your Best Pathway to Health, a service of Adventist-Laymen's Services and Industries in partnership with various other entities. It is also co-sponsored by the Los Angeles County Department of Health and Services.
No appointment is necessary, other than for major surgical procedures that will require pre-surgery visits. To schedule those, call (888) 447-2849. For more information, you can visit www.pathwaytohealth.org.