Over in the West, the top-seeded Los Angeles Lakers dispatched of the Houston Rockets in five games and will face the Denver Nuggets, who pulled off a second consecutive comeback from 3-1 down to defeat the LA Clippers, who still have never advanced to the conference finals.
MORE: Experts' picks for the second round
Miami Heat (5) def.Milwaukee Bucks (1), 4-1
- Game 1: Heat 115, Bucks 104
- Game 2: Heat 116, Bucks 114
- Game 3: Heat 115, Bucks 100
- Game 4:Bucks 118, Heat 115 OT
- Game 5: Heat 103, Bucks 94
Butler: Best performances yet to come for Heat
Bontemps: Giannis and the Bucks are now on the clock
Marvin Williams retires from NBA after 15 seasons
Arnovitz: How the Milwaukee Bucks lost momentum
Pelton: Why Giannis isn't the MVP of the playoffs
Boston Celtics (3) def.Toronto Raptors (2), 4-3
- Game 1: Celtics 112, Raptors 94
- Game 2: Celtics 102, Raptors 99
- Game 3: Raptors 104, Celtics 103
- Game 4: Raptors 100, Celtics 93
- Game 5: Celtics 111, Raptors 89
- Game 6: Raptors 125, Celtics 122 2OT
- Game 7: Celtics 92, Raptors 87
Siakam: I take a lot of blame for Raptors' ouster
Smart's late block helps Celtics eliminate Raptors
NBA debate: Predictions for Game 7
Bontemps: No one expected the Raptors to be here
NBA faults lack of foul on Walker's late layup miss
Los Angeles Lakers (1) def.Houston Rockets (4), 4-1
- Game 1: Rockets 112, Lakers, 97
- Game 2: Lakers 117, Rockets 109
- Game 3: Lakers 112, Rockets 102
- Game 4: Lakers 110, Rockets 100
- Game 5: Lakers 119, Rockets 96
MacMahon: Mike D'Antoni might go, but Rockets' small ball is here to stay
Marks:Next for the Houston Rockets
LeBron James leads Lakers to conference finals
McMenamin: Inside LeBron's super-effective go-to move
Shelburne: Lakers embrace D'Antoni's vision, out-small ball Rockets
Denver Nuggets (3) def. LA Clippers, 4-3
- Game 1: Clippers 120,Nuggets 97
- Game 2: Nuggets 110, Clippers 101
- Game 3: Clippers 113, Nuggets 107
- Game 4: Clippers 96, Nuggets 85
- Game 5: Nuggets 111, Clippers 105
- Game 6: Nuggets 111,Clippers 98
- Game 7: Nuggets 104, Clippers 89
Nuggets silence critics with historic 3-1 comeback
Rivers on Clippers' demise: 'I'll take any blame'
NBA Twitter shows no mercy to Clippers as Nuggets advance
Windhorst: This stunning failure has the Clippers' on the clock
Marks: Next for the LA Clippers
MORE: Look back on the first round of the 2020 NBA playoffs
What does the Bucks' early exit mean for Giannis' future?
Mark Schwarz examines Milwaukee's breakdown in the playoffs and questions whether Giannis Antetokounmpo will want to move on next season.
Giannis-less Bucks eliminated by Heat in Game 5
The Miami Heat, led by Jimmy Butler, advance to the Eastern Conference finals as they come back to beat Milwaukee 103-94.
Celtics punch ticket to ECF with wire-to-wire win in Game 7
Led by Jayson Tatum's 29 points, the Celtics take down the Raptors in Game 7 to set up a conference finals showdown vs. the Heat.
Lakers thrash Rockets in drama-filled Game 5, advance to WCF
Led by LeBron James' near-triple-double, the Lakers pummel the Rockets by double digits to advance to the Western Conference finals.
Murray, Jokic lead Nuggets to stunning Game 7 win vs. Clippers
Jamal Murray pours in a game-high 40 points and Nikola Jokic tallies a triple-double as the Nuggets overcome a 3-1 deficit and advance to the Western Conference finals.