According to its website, Friedmann was a child model and is in the concert choir at her high school.
She is also in an improvisational comedy group and would like to be a director or film editor some day.
Friedmann and her Royal Court will reign over the 122nd /*Rose Parade*/ and the 97th /*Rose Bowl*/ game.
They will also attend nearly 150 media and community events over the next year.
Friedmann's court includes:
- Tatyane Anaid Berrios, 17, Arcadia High School
- Sarah Christine Fredrickson, 17, Maranatha High School
- Jessica Michelle Montoya, 17, Flintridge Preparatory School
- Tenaya Miyoko Senzaki, 17, Pasadena High School
- Kathryn Morris Thomson, 17, Flintridge Sacred Heart
- Michelle Washington, 18, Pasadena City College
The Royal Court members were chosen from a field of 31 finalists. More than 1,000 teens and young women applied for spots.
City News Service contributed to this report.