This comes one week after Oksana Grigorieva's attorney, Daniel Horowitz, told the court that Grigorieva was dropping claims that Gibson physically abused her.
Horowitz's comments came after Gibson attorney Stephen Kolodny complained that he had been trying to get access to Grigorieva's laptop for nearly a year to find out more about the recordings.
Horowitz said that since his client has dropped the domestic violence restraining order against Gibson, the recordings of the rants were no longer needed.
The recordings, which were leaked to the celebrity website RadarOnline.com, included misogynistic statements about Grigorieva by Gibson and also several racial slurs. The tapes were reviewed by authorities who eventually charged Gibson with misdemeanor domestic violence battery, but have never been played in open court.
The "Braveheart" star pleaded no contest to the battery charge and was placed on probation and ordered to undergo counseling.
Also Thursday, Grigorieva put forth a motion to disqualify the actor-director's attorneys from the case. She based the disqualification request on the fact that she had consulted and met with one of Kolodny's partners before the current case was filed.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon rejected her motion, saying Grigorieva waited too long to raise the issue.