OC mom returns home after monthslong battle with COVID during pregnancy

Jennifer Nash, a Yorba Linda resident who nearly died of the coronavirus, was finally reunited with her family.

Jessica De Nova Image
Wednesday, July 7, 2021
OC mom returns home after harrowing battle with COVID during pregnancy
EMBED <>More Videos

A joyful Jennifer Nash and her newborn daughter went home after Nash contracted COVID-19 and was hospitalized for nearly three-months during her pregnancy.

YORBA LINDA, Calif. (KABC) -- After nearly three months in the hospital, Jennifer Nash is back home with her family.

"To sit here and think that -- you know, they were kind of like, 'We don't know if she's gonna make it,'" she told Eyewitness News. "It is very surreal.

"I definitely was not the person that was gonna run out and get the vaccine," she said. "And now that's much different."

That's because the Yorba Linda mother was pregnant when she tested positive for COVID-19. Her life came to a screeching halt.

"Everything just kind of escalated," Nash recalled. "And they sent me up to -- I believe their ICU -- to monitor the baby, and that's the last thing that I remember."

Nash was intubated on Easter Sunday. Her baby was delivered via emergency C-section at 29 weeks while the mother was in an induced coma.

Born at 2 pounds, 13 ounces, Pressley Marie Nash is finally out of the NICU. Now, at just more than six pounds, she keeps big sister busy and mom motivated to get her strength back with occupational, physical and respiratory therapy.

"Every day I feel so much stronger and a little more normalcy, if you will," Nash said.

Eyewitness News first brought you the Nash family's story in June. Dad relied heavily on his family, friends and faith to keep moving forward.

"Emotionally I'm better today, right," Ryan Nash said. "Like, she's here, you know, and we see the progress and the work that she's doing on her own recovery -- it's been inspirational."

Hear more of Jennifer's story here.

An Orange County mother faces a long road to recovery after a monthslong battle against COVID-19 while pregnant and giving birth to her second child via emergency cesarean section.

Donations to the family on their GoFundMe page, allowing them to hire in-home care, helping Jennifer Nash focus on the days ahead, one step at a time.

Her latest victory was an emotional one on July 5, when she finally made it all the way upstairs to see her newborn's nursery for the first time.