Hoverboard erupts in flames, causes Van Nuys house fire

VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A hoverboard erupted in flames and set a house in Van Nuys on fire Sunday night, Los Angeles County fire officials said.

Firefighters rushed to the 15000 block of Martha Street around 10:30 p.m. to find flames shooting through a vent on the roof.

Authorities said they contained the fire to one room, and no one was hurt.

Brian Humphrey of the LAFD confirmed the cause of the fire was determined to be a hoverboard in the involved room.

Sudden explosions and fires have caused hoverboards to be banned from airplanes and public transit.
Copyright © 2021 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.