4 hospitalized after overdosing on unknown substance at Newport Beach nightclub

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Four men were rushed to the hospital after overdosing on an unknown substance at the "American Junkie" nightclub in Newport Beach.

The Newport Beach Fire Department received a call about four people in medical distress at around 1:05 a.m. Friday in the 2400 block of Newport Boulevard.

Responding emergency personnel found the four men unconscious.

They were transported to three different area hospitals for treatment. Their conditions were not known.

Authorities are trying to figure out the exact substance taken by the four men.

The investigation was ongoing. If you have any relevant information about this incident, you're urged to contact Detective Rick Henry with the Newport Beach Police Department at (949) 644-3797.
Copyright © 2021 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.