COTO DE CAZA, Calif. (KABC) -- Seven children in Orange County are recovering from minor burns caused by a science experiment gone wrong.
The children were participating in a YMCA after-school program on Tuesday at Wagon Wheel Elementary in Coto de Caza.
A teacher was supervising while they melted a bar of soap in a microwave.
They apparently got too excited and touched the liquefied soap before it cooled down.
The children, who are 5 to 8 years old, suffered first- and second-degree burns.
All are expected to be OK.
7 Orange County children burned during science experiment
More TOP STORIES News