LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A student mixing chemicals caused a small fire in a building on the University of Southern California campus Tuesday evening.
Shortly before 8 p.m. the fire broke out in a building the 3700 block of South McClintock Avenue. Los Angeles firefighters evacuated the building and shut off a gas leak. The fire happened in the basement of the five-story building.
No injuries were reported, and the leak was shut off around 8:30 p.m. The building did not sustain any damage, LAFD officials said.