• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

String of O.C., L.A. home invasions

March 4, 2009 11:47:15 AM PST
The search is on for a suspect believed to be behind a string of home invasion robberies in Orange and Los Angeles counties.The man is suspected of carrying out at least 10 home invasion robberies.

Investigators say his most recent victim was a grandmother. The man allegedly entered her Stanton home through an unlocked door, held a gun to her head, and forced her to lead him around the house to get her valuables last week just after 6 p.m.

"He has a big gun, color silver, and all the time he follow me," the victim said, who identified herself as Graciela.

It all happened while Graciela's son and grandson were in one of the rooms, unaware of what was happening.

Authorities say the same suspect is linked to seven home invasions in Orange County and three others in L.A. County.

Police said in some cases, he approaches the victims from behind when they arrive home, and in other cases, he enters through unlocked doors or windows.

The suspect is described as black, 18 to 25 years of age, 6 feet tall, and about 200 pounds. He has a muscular build, a light mustache, and often wears a black hooded jacket.


MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM ORANGE COUNTY

USEFUL LINKS:
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 ||  WIDGET


Load Comments