• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

6-month-old Compton girl burned by floor heater

December 22, 2009 12:00:00 AM PST
A 6-month old Compton girl is recovering after she suffered second-degree burns caused by a portable floor heater at her home. The incident happened shortly before 11 p.m. Monday night on N. Wilmington Ave near Stockwell Street.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies arrested the child's parents for felony child endangerment.

The couple's two other children were placed in the care of County Child Protective Services. The two boys are aged 2 and 5.

Marijuana plants were also found in the home, according to investigators, who described the house as filthy.

AP and CNS contributed to this report.


Load Comments