Witnesses told investigators that the man presents demand notes to bank tellers, demanding money be handed over quickly.
He wrote at least one demand note on blue paper.
The Blue Note Bandit is described by witnesses as Caucasian, in his 40s, 6 feet tall with brown hair and an average build. He also has possibly crooked or gapped teeth.
A reward of up to $10,000 has been offered by Wells Fargo for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the Blue Note Bandit.
The FBI may be reached 24 hours a day at 888-CANT-HIDE (888 226-8443).
The following is a list of banks investigators have linked to the Blue Note Bandit:
- 11/30/09 California Bank & Trust San Juan Capistrano
- 12/01/09 Chase Bank Costa Mesa
- 12/02/09 US Bank Aliso Viejo
- 12/07/09 Chase Bank Dana Point
- 12/15/09 Wachovia Irvine
- 12/17/09 Nuvision FCU Laguna Hills
- 12/21/09 Bank of America Irvine
- 12/28/09 Wells Fargo Bank Lake Forest
- 12/30/2010 La Jolla Bank Mission Viejo
- 1/06/2010 California Bank & Trust Monarch Beach
- 1/11/2010 Pacific Western Bank Dana Point
- 1/22/2010 First Bank Laguna Niguel