Ward said his work ethic is his great asset.
"Anything that I do I'm going to put the love and passion that I have into it," he said.
Ward has already contributed to winning two Super Bowl trophies for the Pittsburgh Steelers, but he wants more. And this time, it's involves a mirror ball.
"It's bragging rights. I don't have to dance or do an end zone dance or anything. I can just show my trophy and let everybody know that I can dance. All the naysayers out there that probably never thought I could dance, all I have to do is say, 'look at the trophy,'" said Ward.
He also knows this show has the potential to introduce him to a whole new audience. And those women watching might decide he's a sex symbol.
"Well, that's a big honor. The advice that I got from my dance partner is just be who you are, show your personality and smile big. And that's something that, for me, that comes easy," said Ward.
He's teaming up with Season 9 champion Kym Johnson, who returns for her ninth season.
Other Season 12 partners:
- Actress Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- WWE star Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke
- Disney star Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas
- Boxer Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya
- Karate Kid Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff
- Model Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin
- Rapper and actor Romeo and Chelsie Hightower
- Reality star Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel
- Talk show host Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani
- Radio personality Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer
"Dancing With the Stars" kicks off season 12 on Monday, March 21 at 8 p.m. on ABC7.