Talk show host Wendy Williams is one of the new cast members on Season 12 of "Dancing with the Stars."
"When you get invited to be a part of this show, you'd be a fool not to do it," said Williams. "Well originally I was afraid I would break something because my biggest fear about dancing is that I'm not coordinated and, as a fan of 'Dancing With the Stars,' I know that sometimes it does involve a woman being dipped or lifted off the floor. I met my partner and the first thing I asked him to do is lift me up. And he lifted me. Now his arms were shaking, but he did it."
Williams, who's partnered with Tony Dovolani, has been juggling the duties of her daily talk show with rehearsal time in these weeks before the dancing begins. She's be flying back and forth to New York City.
But even with the crazy schedule, she hopes to follow in the dance-steps of talk show great Jerry Springer who competed in 2006.
"The camera never stops," said Williams. "The camera's always rolling. Now people who always ask me how do I do it all are going to see."
Other Season 12 partners:
- Actress Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- WWE star Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke
- Disney star Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas
- Boxer Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya
- Karate Kid Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff
- Model Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin
- Rapper and actor Romeo and Chelsie Hightower
- Football star Hines Ward and Kym Johnson
- Reality star Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel
- Radio personality Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer
"Dancing with the Stars" begins Monday, March 21 at 8 p.m. on ABC7.