• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Ventura house fire caused by floor heater

A map indicates the location of a house fire on the 500 block of Clemente Street that broke out on Friday, Jan. 11, 2013.
January 12, 2013 12:00:00 AM PST
A house fire in Ventura was likely sparked by a floor heater, according to fire investigators.

When firefighters arrived on scene in the 500 block of Clemente Street Friday afternoon, they found smoke seeping out from underneath the home.

Firefighters entered the home, searched for occupants and extinguished the fire, which was in the subfloor of the home.

Neighboring residences were not damaged.

A fire investigator concluded the blaze was sparked by radiated heat from a floor heater.

No injuries were reported. Damage to the home was estimated at $40,000 and damage to its contents was estimated at $15,000.


Load Comments