The ceremony takes place on Friday, Oct. 18, at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. Parsons and Spiewak are set to receive the Inspiration Award.
"Jim Parsons and Todd Spiewak love the opportunity to support causes they believe in and, of course, GLSEN is one of their favorites," the group said in a statement.
Linda Bloodworth-Thomason, an Emmy-winning producer and writer who created the show "Designing Women" and used to work on "M*A*S*H," will be given the Lifetime Achievement Award. The studio Lionsgate, which produces shows such as such "Nashville" and "Orange Is the New Black," will be given the Chairman's Award.
In addition, Kerry Washington, who earlier this year earned an Emmy nomination for her role on ABC's "Scandal," and LA Galaxy soccer player Robbie Rogers will serve as honorary co-chairs at the gala.
In conjunction with the awards ceremony, GLSEN is hosting an online auction with prizes including four tickets to the season finale of "Dancing With The Stars," and a private tour of the ABC7 studios.
Other prizes up for grabs include but are not limited to:
- Lunch with Julia Roberts and Dave Karger in West Hollywood
- "Modern Family" Walk-On Role
- 2 Tickets to the 2014 Oscars Party in West Hollywood
- Audition in LA with April Webster, Casting Director of "Star Trek Into Darkness"
- Extra Role in the Final Season of HBO's "True Blood"
- Walk-On Role on "General Hospital" in Burbank, California
- 4 Tickets to the Radio Disney Music Awards, Pre-Show and After Party
- Pre-Release Private Screening for 25 of "Saving Mr. Banks"
- 2 VIP Passes to the ESPN Winter X Games and More in Aspen
Bids will be accepted until October 30 at: www.charitybuzz.com/glsen
The GLSEN Respect Awards are held annually in Los Angeles and New York and "showcase the work of organizations, individuals, students and educators who have made a significant difference in the areas of diversity, inclusion and the safe schools movement, and who serve as exemplary role models." For more information, visit glsen.org/respectla13 or follow GLSEN on Twitter at @GLSEN and the hashtag #RespectLA.