Trump said "serious negotiations are now taking place."

President Donald Trump announced "major combat operations" against Iran on Feb. 28, with massive joint U.S.-Israeli strikes targeting military, government and infrastructure sites.
Following the announcement of a two-week ceasefire, initial U.S.-Iran talks in Pakistan in April failed to reach a peace deal.
Trump later announced the open-ended extension of the ceasefire and the continuation of a U.S. blockade until negotiations are concluded "one way or the other."

UK Foreign Secretary Yvette Cooper warned Tuesday that "the world is sleepwalking into a global food crisis," saying that if the Strait of Hormuz is not reopened "tens of millions of people" could go hungry.
The closure of that critical waterway to almost all ships has disrupted exports of large quantities of fertilizer products.
Earlier this month the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization warned that the war had created a global "scarcity" of fertilizer which would "lead to lower [crop] yields and tightening food supplies in the latter half of 2026 and into 2027."
The UK Foreign Office warned that "if global partners don't get fertiliser moving" then vulnerable regions of the world will need "shipments of critical emergency aid...not just external investment and technology," it said in a press release.
Cooper said Iran had "hijacked" the critical international shipping lane.
"Iran's continued closure of the Strait of Hormuz while the agriculture clock is ticking shows why we need urgent global pressure to get the Strait reopened, fertiliser and fuel moving and ease the costs of living pressures", Cooper said.
U.S. Central Command said in a post to X on Monday that the number of commercial vessels redirected amid the ongoing American blockade of Iranian ports had reached 85.
"CENTCOM continues to strictly enforce the U.S. blockade against Iranian ports," the command said in its post.

President Donald Trump said on social media that the U.S. will hold off on attacks on Iran, planned for Tuesday, at the request of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, because "serious negotiations are now taking place" and that a deal acceptable to the U.S. "will be made."
Trump said he has asked the Pentagon to prepare for "a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment's notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached."