The DMV serves 30 million customers annually, and it's aware many offices often have long lines.
With five new locations in Southern California this month, the self-service kiosks now number 33 statewide.
They can be used by customers who need their vehicle registration right away or are using cash.
The new kiosks are located at:
- Pomona: 1600 S. Garey Avenue
- Whittier: 9338 S. Painter Avenue
- Pasadena: 49 S. Rosemead Boulevard
- Van Nuys: 14920 Vanowen Street
- Lincoln Park: 3529 N. Mission Road