The USDA says the beef, chicken and pork products were produced and packaged without federal inspection.
The agency says the company used another facility's mark of inspection, identified as Establishment number 18995, on many of the items even though inspectors had not approved them. The recalled items were produced from May 18, 2014 to May 18, 2015. View the product labels here.
The following recalled products were sent to various retail locations in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas for distribution to consumers (they may contain "Est. 18995" inside the USDA mark of inspection):
- 222.25-lb. of 4-oz. plastic containers of "Fruit Beef Jerky (Kho Bo)"
- 352-lb. of 4-oz. plastic containers of "B.B.Q. Beef Jerky (Kho Bo)"
- 354-lb. of 4-oz. plastic containers of "Curry Beef Jerky (Kho Bo)"
The following recalled products were sent to various restaurant locations in the aforementioned states to be cooked and served to consumers (products may contain "Est. 11041" or "P-11041" inside the USDA mark of inspection):
- 54,509-lb. of "Banh Bao Pork & Egg Steamed Bun"
- 15,147-lb. of "Banh Bao Trung Cut Pork & Quail Egg Steamed Bun Vietnamese Style"
- 55,114-lb. of "Pork Pate Chaud (LARGE)"
- 6,016.5-lb. of "Pork Pate Chaud (SMALL)"
- 50,036-lb. of "Chicken Pate Chaud (LARGE)"
- 6,184.5-lb of "Chicken Pate Chaud (SMALL)"
- 22,812-lb. of "Sliced Oil Browned Turkey Premium Breast Meat Fully Cooked"
- 2,453.5-lb. of "Sliced Salami Meat With Wine Fully Cooked"
The company LQNN incorporated is based in Garden Grove and operates as Lee's Sandwiches, a popular fast food chain specializing in Vietnamese sandwiches.
Their shops are located in six states, 48 of them in California. So far, there have been no reports of illness.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Lee Sandwiches' Chief Operating Officer Tom Quach at (714) 333-8688.
In 2013, 740 pounds of Lee's Sandwiches brand sausages were recalled when a safety assessment by the USDA found they may have contained toxins that could cause food poisoning.