To celebrate Women's History Month, ESPN2 is airing several of the most notable events to happen in women's sports over the past two decades, starting Sunday at 4 a.m. ET.
4 a.m.:ESPN Nine for IX: Venus Vs.
- We know about Venus Williams' swing and swagger on the tennis court, but her fight for pay equality off the court is one of the best parts of her résumé.
Watch: Nine for IX series
5 a.m.:Candace Parker's high school dunk
- Georgeann Wells was the first American woman to dunk in an NCAA game. Lisa Leslie became the first woman to dunk in a WNBA game. And before she was a WNBA champion, Olympic gold medalist and NCAA champion Candace Parker became the first high school girls' basketball player to dunk.
Ryan Canner-O'Mealy: Candace Parker reflects on her high school career
6 a.m.:2019 NCAA women's soccer championship
- Stanford and North Carolina are the two premier programs in women's college soccer, and their showdown in the 2019 NCAA championship game came down to a dramatic round of penalty kicks.
Best of the 2019 women's NCAA soccer tournament
8 a.m.:Ronda Rousey at UFC 157
- Ronda Rousey became the first female fighter to sign with the UFC, and she made her presence with authority, defending her women's bantamweight title by defeating Liz Carmouche at UFC 157.
8:30 a.m.:Pat Summitt's final victory
- Legendary Tennessee coach Pat Summitt, the winningest coach in NCAA basketball history, finished her career with 1,098 career victories, her last one coming in the 2012 Sweet 16 against Kansas.
Voepel:There will never be anyone like Tennessee legend Pat Summitt
10:30 a.m.: UConn's win streak
- UConn had won four straight national championships and had just lost Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson and Morgan Tuck to the WNBA draft. But the Huskies, who entered the 2016-17 season with a 75-game winning streak, kept it going, extending it all the way to 111 games with a win over Oregon in the 2017 Elite Eight.
Wright Thompson: Geno Auriemma is only pretending to be OK
Noon: Mo'ne Davis takes over the LLWS
- Mo'ne Davis took over in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, in the summer of 2014 when she led South Philadelphia into the Little League World Series. And when she was there, she became the first girl in LLWS history to earn a win and pitch a shutout.
Daryl Bell: Mo'ne Davis, fame and future
2 p.m.: 2017 WCWS, Game 1
- Game 1 of the 2017 Women's College World Series was nothing short of epic.It took 5 hours and 28 minutes, 496 pitches and 17 innings, and by the end of it, Oklahoma defeated Florida 7-5 in a WCWS for the ages.
The numbers behind the longest game in WCWS history
4 p.m.: Serena Williams wins 2017 Australian Open
- Serena Williams broke Steffi Graf's record for the most singles titles in the Open era by winning her 23rd Grand Slam with a victory over sister Venus. What's more, she did this while she was pregnant with her daughter, Alexis Olympia.
Alyssa Roenigk: The story of Serena's path to greatness
6 p.m.: Sabrina Ionescu makes history
- No Division I player, male or female, had ever recorded 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds and 1,000 assists in a career ... until Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu took the floor in one of her final college games.
Maria Taylor: The legend of Sabrina Ionescu
More Women's History Month stories
- Before Rousey could return to the Octagon, she had to answer a simple question: Why should she?Read
- In the three years since she wrested control of the Titans, Amy Adams Strunk has completely revitalized her late father's franchise -- by turning his style of ownership upside down.Read
- In her fight to end sexual abuse, Olympic champion Aly Raisman is challenging the very institutions she led to glory.Read
- For Charlotte Flair, one of the stars of ESPN The Magazine's 2018 Body Issue, wrestling is more than just turnbuckles and moonsaults. It's about legacy, family and facing your pain.Read
#espnWtop10 of the year
Check out the espnW top 10 plays of the year from the 2019 espnW: Women + Sports Summit.
The impact of Rousey vs. Carmouche
Ariel Helwani, Marc Raimondi and Brett Okamoto look back at the significance of the first women's fight in UFC history, Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche.