• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Compton baby rushed to hospital after mom accidentally gave vodka

A Compton Fire Department truck is shown at the scene, where a mother accidentally gave her baby some vodka, thinking it was water.
August 22, 2013 12:00:00 AM PDT
An investigation is underway in Compton after a mother accidentally gave her baby some vodka.

The baby was rushed to the hospital to be checked out after swallowing about half a bottle cap of vodka.

Authorities say it appears to be accidental, and no charges have been filed. They say the woman gave the baby vodka from a water bottle and thought the vodka was water.

The Department of Children And Family Services has been notified and is expected to look into the matter.


Load Comments