/*Kohl's Department Stores*/ offers periodic savings to seniors 62 and older. The store usually offers a 15-percent discount on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Check Kohl's weekly ads in the newspaper or online to find out when the discounts are offered.
/*Ross Dress For Less*/ stores gives customers 55 and up a 10-percent discount every Tuesday.
If you're 60 and older, you can rent or buy movies from Hollywood Video for a 10-percent savings. The discounts are good every day.
If you want to see something currently in theaters, you can find discounts on select days at two theater chains.
/*Laemmle*/ offers a cut-rate price of $4 per ticket every Wednesday for moviegoers 62 and over. The only catch is that the film has to start before 6 p.m. /*AMC*/ theaters offer discounted tickets of $6 on Tuesdays at most of its locations if you're 60 and over.
If you travel, you can qualify for all kinds of discounts if you're a senior. At /*Southwest Airlines*/, you must be at least 65. /*Amtrak*/ offers passengers 62 and up a 15-percent discount off the lowest rail fare on most of its trains.
The following major hotel chains offer savings to seniors:
- /*Hyatt*/: 50 percent off at participating hotels for those 62 and over.
- /*Marriott*/: 15 percent off for those 62 and over.
- /*Motel 6*/: 10 percent off to guests over the age of 60.
Both /*Hilton*/ and /*Holiday Inn Hotels*/ give seniors, 62 and over, a special discounted rate.
- Link: Senior Citizen Deals and Discounts
- Link: AARP Discounts and Services
- Link: Hollywood Video Store Programs
- Link: Laemmle Theatres Senior Discounts
- Link: Southwest Airlines Senior Passengers and Fares
- Link: Amtrak Passenger Discounts for Seniors
- Link: Hyatt Senior Citizen Travel Rates
- Link: Motel 6 Seniors
- Link: Holiday Inn Senior Discount Program Benefits
- Link: Natl. Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass
Report Typo |
Send Tip |
Get Alerts | Most Popular
Follow @abc7 on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook