Hesperia house fire started in natural gas fireplace; 12 displaced


The incident occurred on the 18000 block of Wisteria Street in Hesperia at about 7:30 p.m. Monday. Firefighters say everyone got out safely before the roof collapsed.

Officials say the homeowners were burning wood in a fireplace designed for natural gas only. The residents told fire officials they were trying to heat the house because the heating system wasn't working.

Fortunately, no one was hurt, but the home was a total loss at $225,000.

Copyright © 2022 KABC Television, LLC. All rights reserved.