Venice High School sexual assaults: 2 more teens surrender

A sign is seen outside Venice High School on Friday, March 13, 2015.

Two more teenagers have surrendered to police in connection with the sexual assault of two underage girls at Venice High School.

Authorities say the 11th teen was booked Monday night, and then on Tuesday morning, a 12th student surrendered and was arrested, according to LAPD Cmdr. Andy Smith.

Ten other boys were arrested or surrendered to authorities on Friday. Two others were still sought.

The accused students will face disciplinary action, which will include the possibility of expulsion, said Gayle Pollard-Terry, the senior deputy director of media relations at LAUSD.

The teens, who range in age from about 14 to 17, are accused of sexual assaults that started in December 2013 and continued through earlier this month. The alleged assaults involved two underage girls at the school.

Most of the incidents took place in the last two months, according to officials.

Police said some of the sexual acts were forced, and others were consensual but involved victims who were too young to legally give consent.

Police say they have no reason to believe there were any other victims, but anyone who may be a victim or has information about the case was urged to call the LAPD's West Bureau, special sexual assault section at (213) 473-0447.

City News Service contributed to this report.

Related Topics:
arrestschoolssexual assaulthigh schoolVenice
(Copyright ©2018 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)