Instagram's global community has swelled to a mind-boggling 800 million users, and they took to the social network to share snapshots of moments big and small from their lives in 2017.
Of course, some of those photos made more a splash than others.
What was big on Instagram in 2017? Think celebrity families, New York City, Selena Gomez, #love, Disneyland and the Clarendon filter.
The social network released the following figures detailing its most-liked posts, most-followed celebrities, most-used hashtags and other interesting usage trends from the last year:
Most-liked posts of 2017:
1. Beyonce announces her pregnancy
2. Cristiano Ronaldo announces the birth of daughter Alana Martina
5. Cristiano Ronaldo holds his twins
6. Selena Gomez poses lovingly with then-boyfriend The Weeknd
7. Selena Gomez and The Weeknd arrive at the Met Gala
8. Cristiano Ronaldo poses with his entire family
9. Sultry Selena Gomez strikes a pose
10. Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday
Top hashtags of 2017:
Most-Instagrammed cities of 2017:
Most-Instagrammed locations of 2017:
Most-followed celebrities of 2017:
Most-used Instagram filters of 2017:
Most-followed pets in 2017:
Editor's note: The Walt Disney Company is the parent company of Disneyland, Disney California Adventure Park and this station.