Los Angeles County registrar workers will be out in force at 18 locations throughout Los Angeles County to register as many voters as possible. Applications are also available at libraries, post offices or city clerk offices.
Voters can also register online and must do so by midnight.
According to the county clerk's office, about 3 million eligible county residents are not registered to vote. Anyone who is not registered, has recently moved or has changed their name needs to register. People who are unsure if they are registered can check at www.lavote.net.Sign up locations include:
- East L.A. Civic Center, 4801 E. Third St.
- Starbucks, 9028 Flair Drive, El Monte
- Starbucks at Montebello Town Center
- NALEO Educational Fund, 1122 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles
- Magic Johnson Starbucks, 5301 W. Centinela Ave., Los Angeles
- The Korea Daily, 690 Wilshire Plaza, Los Angeles
- La Curacao, 3160 E. Imperial Highway, Plaza Mexico, Lynwood
- Florence/Firestone Branch Office, 7807 S. Compton Ave., Los Angeles
- Starbucks, 8595 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood
- Starbucks, 7258 Canoga Ave., Canoga Park
- Wendy's, 17684 Sherman Way, Van Nuys
- Starbucks, 11739 Rosecrans Ave., Norwalk
- Home Depot Center, 18400 Avalon Blvd., Carson
- Starbucks, 4708 E. Second St., Long Beach
- Starbucks, 141 E. Willow, Long Beach
- Wendy's, 18507 Devonshire St., Northridge
- Wendy's, 14645 Roscoe Blvd., Panorama City
- Wendy's, 1575 Victory Place, Burbank
Most of the locations will open at 5 p.m. and close at 11 p.m. A screening of the final presidential debate between President Barack Obama and GOP opponent Mitt Romney will also be offered at the East Los Angeles Civic Center registration location.
For information on voter registration in Orange County, visit the Orange County registrar's website. Voters living in the Inland Empire can find more information at the San Bernardino County registrar's website or the Riverside County registrar's website, and those living in Ventura County can log on to the Ventura County registrar's site.
City News Service contributed to this report.