Tax relief available for storm-damaged homes


State law allows home and business owners to qualify for a temporary reduction in assessed value.

Residents who have suffered property damage were urged to contact any state assessor's office as soon as possible. Application forms must be submitted within one year of the damage.

Additional information is available by calling the main assessor's office at (213) 974-8658, or branch offices in Sylmar, (818) 833-6000; Signal Hill, (562) 256-1701; Culver City, (310) 665-5300; South El Monte, (626) 258- 6001; or Lancaster, (661) 940-6700.

City News Service contributed to this story.

Copyright © 2020 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.