The list is a compilation of results from a survey of American college students across the country taken every year, ranking scholastic and lifestyle categories like best professors, most beautiful campus and best college food.
The list is based on emails voluntarily submitted from 122,000 students from more than 370 campuses across the U.S., according to the Review.
On average, about 325 students from each campus respond, and university administrators often call the rankings unscientific and say they glorify dangerous behavior.
The Princeton Review, not affiliated with Princeton University, is a Massachusetts-based company known for its test preparation courses educational services and books. It has put out its best colleges guide since 1992.
The nation's top party schools and top stone-cold sober schools, according to Princeton Review's survey of 122,000 students:
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, W. Va.
- Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, La.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
- DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
- University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
Stone-cold sober schools
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
- Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
- U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
- U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
- U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
- Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
- Pepperdine University, Malibu, Calif.
- City University of New York - Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, New York, N.Y.
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, N.Y.
- U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
- City University of New York - Queens College, Flushing, N.Y.
- Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, Calif.
- University of Dallas, Irving, Texas
- Agnes Scott College, Decatur, Ga.
- College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
- Gustavus Adolphus College, Saint Peter, Minn.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.