LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The top five candidates in the race to be L.A.'s next mayor faced off in a debate Sunday, right here on ABC7.
Congressmember Karen Bass, L.A. City Councilmember Joe Buscaino, businessman and nonprofit leader Rick Caruso, L.A. City Councilmember Kevin de León, and L.A. City Attorney Mike Feuer participated in the live televised debate on May 1.
The debate took place at Cal State L.A. and is hosted by the Pat Brown Institute for Public Affairs and League of Women Voters of Greater Los Angeles.
ABC7 anchor Marc Brown served as debate moderator, and ABC7 reporters will ask the candidates questions.
The debate came at a pivotal moment in the mayor's race, just before voters begin to receive their ballots in the mail for the June 7 primary election.
- Karen Bass talks solving homelessness and vaccine mandates for children in ABC7 interview
- This is how LA mayoral candidate Joe Buscaino wants to fight LA's homeless crisis
- Poll: Rick Caruso takes 1-point lead over Karen Bass in LA mayor's race
- Here's how mayoral candidate Kevin de León would tackle homelessness if he becomes LA mayor
- 'Government's not working for us:' Mike Feuer discusses his top priorities if elected as LA mayor